Les annonces de Classic Driver
|Aston Martin DB2 MKIII DHC|
The Aston Workshop
Park and share on Facebook
|We are very pleased to offer this very rare and exceptional Aston Martin DB2 MKIII Drophead Coupé.|
We sold this particular car in 2008 to a very prominent collector, before which it was one family owned and with only 70,000 miles from new. The car was an incredible, original barn find and has a massive history folder.
The DB MKIII DHC is already a rare animal with only 84 Dropheads manufactured between 1957-59, but cars with such fantastic provenance are truly exceptional and we firmly believe that this beautiful car, completed by the Aston Workshop, is one of the best examples in the world today. With this in mind we strongly advise those who are seriously interested to contact us as soon as possible to arrange a viewing.
Includes the following work completed to the highest standards:
Bodywork & Chassis:
The restoration has been fully documented with pictures etc.
• Full body off down to chassis rebuild
• Chassis completely re-enameled to concours standard
• Aluminium bodywork completely & professionally re-worked to very highest standard and re-fitted to chassis
• Re-painted to highest standard using modern paints & materials
• Complete re-build at the Aston Workshop
• Strengthened & blueprinted engine block
• All new steel crankshaft, fully balanced
• New steel con-rods
• Cosworth forged pistons
• Special boring and honing to achieve ultimate roundness & finish
• Cylinder Head: Full re-build including un-leaded valves & valve inserts, new valve guides, cam buckets, new special Aston Workshop road/race cams, gas flowed & porting, our specially developed road cams fitted.
Special high performance multi-branch twin exhaust system
All new electrics, suspension and brakes.
All components fully refinished, plated and to show standards.
The engine has been fully blueprinted and dyno-tested.
The gearbox has been fully overhauled and rebuilt including the rare overdrive for long distance touring.
As stated, one family has owned this particular car for most of its lifetime, since the Swift Motor Company of Derby supplied it new in July 1959. It has been the subject of a chassis-up restoration undertaken to the very highest standards by a number of Aston Martin specialists including the Aston Workshop.
It really is one of the finest examples available and looks absolutely stunning in the very Darkest Racing Green, with drab olive and dark green Mohair hood.
This represents a very rare opportunity to own one of the loveliest Aston Martin Dropheads on the road that is also a valuable part of our British motoring heritage.
Please contact us for further details or to arrange a viewing:
+44 (0) 1207 233 525
Sold on the 21.02.2013
|Recherche par constructeur|
|Recherche de véhicules de compétition|