Classic Driver Marktplatz
|Alfa Romeo 33 Tipo 33TT12 / A race ready and championship winning car|
Jan B. Lühn
Fahrzeug auf Facebook parken
|Chassis 010 was delivered new to Willi Kauhsen‘s team (WKRT) in late 1974 to participate on behalf of Alfa Romeo Autedelta at the World Championship of Manufacturers. The usual drivers of 010 were Henri Pescarolo and Derek Bell who did very well throughout the season.|
• 23.3.1975, 1.000 km Mugello, Pescarolo/Bell, 4th overall
• 6.4.1975, 800 km Dijon, Pescarolo/Bell, 4th overall
• 20.4.1975, 1.000 km Monza, Pescarolo/Bell, 18th overall
• 4.5.1975, 1.000 km Spa, Pescarolo/Bell, 1st overall
• 18.5.1975, 1.000 km Pergusa, Pescarolo/Bell, 2nd overall
• 1.6.1975, 1.000 km Nurburgring, Pescarolo/Bell, DNF
• 29.6.1975, 1.000 km Zeltweg, Pescarolo/Bell, 1st overall
• 13.7.1975, 6 hours of Watkins Glen, Pescarolo/Bell, 1st overall
By the end of the season the car, which was on loan to Kauhsen, was intended to return to Autodelta in Italy. Willi Kauhsen personally told me this funny story: Once the transporter arrived in Milano to return the race car to the factory, the Alfisti refused to take the car back, they simply did not wanted it and only saw it as an old, used and outdated race car. After telephone conversations back and forth between Germany and Italy Kauhsen refused to take the car back at his own expenses and told the transporter to unload the Tipo 33 on the road in front of the factory! Involuntary Autodelta took the car finally back ...
Some years later, in July 1980 Autodelta sold the car directly including a large spare package to a car collector in the US who kept the car until today. The car is now presented in perfect, race prepared condition throughout. It will be sold including some very interesting spares, among them is a brand new and fresh Alfa Romeo 12-cylinder spare engine. This is a very rare opportunity to purchase an ex-Works Alfa Romeo Tipo 33 with very clear history and in unmolested condition throughout.
The car is now eligible for some of the most prestigious events as Le Mans Classic, CER, the Masters Series and more.